Things I never thought I would have/do:
*Have an open wound in my stomach…or two.
*Have my clothes stick to my skin because there is so
much old sticky tape stuck to me from covering said wound.
*Send an old box of store bought cookies I found in my
cupboard with my child as his birthday treat (if you know my love of birthdays
you would understand this pain.
*Let my kids go out in public in unmatching clothes.
*Let my kids wear sweats in 80 degree weather because no
one knows where the other seasons’ clothes are.
*Lay in my bed every morning for twenty minutes trying
to get up but can’t because of back pain
*Know all the nurses on 5 West on a first name basis.
*Owe half a million dollars to Butterworth Hospital.
(Don’t worry, we have good insurance.)
*Know how to tell the nurses where to start an IV on
me, and tell them which places to avoid.
*Ask my six year old to pull my one and a half year
old out of his crib. Amazingly it is
working great.
*Have my own pillbox and pill splitter…you know, like
your grandma does.
*Consider walking to the mailbox my daily exercise.
*Actually like back massages.
*Been sooo thankful that my husband is a surgeon. Usually I wish he worked at Subway so he
could be home by 5.
*Lose nineteen pounds in one day (water weight from
all the fluids they pumped into me.)
*Ride in a motorized cart at Meijer to get my
groceries. Oh yes I did!!
Overall update: I am definitely feeling better these
days! My main problem now is that I
simply lack stamina and energy. I wear
out quickly and have to sit down, which is hard with four little ones and a
house to run. Thankfully my mom is still here and doing a lot of the work. I am trying to transition back to life without
her by taking over a new job each day. I
will slowly add dishes, diapers, getting breakfast for everyone etc. until I am
able to do everything on my own. The
other complicating factor is that Tucker has started being really fussy anytime
he’s not sleeping. So, we are trying to
figure out what’s causing this…and make it stop!! We still covet your prayers as we continue
down the road to complete healing.
Thanks for your support!
Oh friend I adore you! So glad you can find humor amidst the trials. For the first time I am reading your blog and laughing out loud instead of crying my eyes out. :) Love you dearly!
ReplyDeleteDid your cart have a bell? I love that!
ReplyDeleteMotorized cart - was it at least a little fun? Love you.
ReplyDeleteThis was a great post!
ReplyDeleteI can totally see you driving around Meijer in your cart swerving in and out of aisles!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad things are continuing to improve for you!! Thanks for the update. We will continue to pray for you and your family.
ReplyDelete