From Michigan to Kenya and back, this is the true life story of a crazy family and their desire to follow Christ, wherever that may lead them. Mounds of Stone is our best attempt to organize our thoughts, chronicle our lives, and keep our friends, family, and supporters updated on all things Mitchell. Each entry is a small mound of stones to memorialize where God has been faithful.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Daily Update

Taking a break from the detailed history of the past month, we wanted to give an update on how I (Erin) am feeling.  Eric went back to work full time today. I had a really good night’s sleep without any back spasms or neck cramps.  I've never appreciated a good nights sleep more than I do now.  I was able to get out of bed without help (Yeah!!) and come down and have breakfast with the boys. I am amazed at how needy they are. Were they always like this? I think they were, at least at meal times. My mom never sat down for a minute, and I was even making Cole get some of the stuff himself. It was overwhelming for me to think about getting me and them ready and fed in time to go anywhere. How will I ever do that?? I had an Interventional Radiology appointment in the afternoon and just leaving the house exhausted and overwhelmed me.  However, the good news was that I got my drain removed! They said the abscess is gone, which, while I am super happy to have the drain gone, does nothing to explain my random fevers. But I will choose to be glad that the drain is gone and continue to pray for healing from the fevers. 
Laughing is bitter sweet.  My mom is making me laugh tonight, and it hurts my incision.  She was telling a story about a "shim" (she/him) at her work and I was cracking up...and cracking my incision.  

4 comments:

  1. It's so good to hear you "talk" on here. Praying that God will help you to continue to take one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have your wonderful mom there to help out. Please let me know if you need anything. Our week is rather free. Sorry it hurts to laugh, but glad you're able to laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your story and how God is working in your family, I look forward to following your story and see where God will take you on your journey, I will keep praying that God continues to heal you and use you and your family for his glory

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just didn't realize that YOU never sat down when taking care of them :) I know I never sit at meal times :) so glad to hear "your" perspective. I have to stop reading updates from you guys so I don't keep crying at the computer!

    ReplyDelete