Things are getting back on a routine here at the Mitchell house. It is a different routine than before Tucker was born, but it is routine none the less. I have gone back to the hospital full time...as a doctor, and it was a blessing to find that I still remember how to operate. One of the junior residents that is on my service was there the night of Erin's surgery and helped with the operation. I joked with him that because he has seen her insides, he has seen more of my wife than I have. Erin is gaining strength each day and she is slowly resuming the daily activities of the house. Her mom is still here with us and we anticipate that she'll be here until the end of the month. If anyone knows of a "mother-in-law" award I can nominate her for, let me know. Erin's dad has also been a trooper since he has to be a bachelor during the week, then drive 5 hours from Ohio on the weekends to see his wife and family. Thanks Wayne!!
Today was Erin's last day of oral antibiotics so we are on red alert for a relapse of infection. I don't have any reason to believe that she will start having fevers again, but we have been conditioned to have anxiety. Pray that we continue on the upward swing.
Tucker is doing great. He is sleeping well and usually wakes up twice in the night to eat. If we could get Alex to stop waking up at night we'd get some good quality sleep.
Thanks to all for praying, for caring, and for learning along with us.
Hey good thing you remembered how to cut people and sew them back together. Subway isn't hiring. :)
ReplyDelete