From Michigan to Kenya and back, this is the true life story of a crazy family and their desire to follow Christ, wherever that may lead them. Mounds of Stone is our best attempt to organize our thoughts, chronicle our lives, and keep our friends, family, and supporters updated on all things Mitchell. Each entry is a small mound of stones to memorialize where God has been faithful.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Thankful

I'm so thankful today....for something I am NEVER thankful for. I am thankful that I can take care of the kids all by myself this weekend when Eric is on call. A few months ago, the thought of doing many things (getting the kids ready in the morning, putting them in the car, cleaning the house, taking them to the grocery store) seemed like an impossibility. But just today, I took all 4 of these crazies to a parade and carnival all by myself!
(Look at Mr. Too Cool on the right)
I almost attempted the ridiculous last night and took them all to the grocery store but my awesome husband  was able to come home for a bit and save me from certain death  the craziness. So I escaped that... for now.
I've gotten to the point where there are days that I don't even think about the whole crazy experience of the past few months. God is so good. 
On Wednesday I got to take part in this little boy's kindergarten graduation!
 Wasn't he just born??
 His best pal, Levi. So thankful they were in the same class this year. He loves to say they've been friends since they were one!
 His teacher, Mrs. Plantinga. She was great! 
 These wacky brothers were proud too!
Wow, what will life be like in 2024, when Cole graduates high school??
On to first grade, but first, a fun filled summer! (If I can keep him from being "bored" all summer!)
And one more pic, just because they're cute. 


1 comment:

  1. being thankful for the mundane is a great place to be! sometimes life happens so quick we forget about the everyday joys!

    The last picture is absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete