From Michigan to Kenya and back, this is the true life story of a crazy family and their desire to follow Christ, wherever that may lead them. Mounds of Stone is our best attempt to organize our thoughts, chronicle our lives, and keep our friends, family, and supporters updated on all things Mitchell. Each entry is a small mound of stones to memorialize where God has been faithful.

Friday, November 16, 2012

Snippits of Kenya

I was procrastinating yesterday (pretending I was studying for oral boards) and I came across a few YouTube clips about Kenya and Tenwek.  The footage allowed Erin and I to get a glimpse of what life will be like in 10 months, and we thought we should share it with all of you.  I've pasted the links below.

It is amazing how much smaller the world has become in the past 50 years.  As the missionaries of the 50's and 60's prepared to travel across the globe, they had only a few photographs, letters, and stories of what they were getting into.  Now days Erin and I have video clips, Facebook relationships with current missionaries, blog posts describing daily life, and conversations with missionaries at Tenwek over the phone.  (Who would have thought that Kenyan cell phones had good rates on intercontinental long distance?)  I feel fortunate to have these resources, and have even more respect for the past generations of Christ followers who walked by faith into the complete unknown...following a calling... led by the light of His word... seeking to increase the number of worshipers in His kingdom.

The four hour ride from Nairobi to Tenwek condensed into 4 minutes   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP6TNOFQnxs

A video put together by 3 families who just finished their 2 years at Tenwek and are now headed onto bigger adventures.  Jason and Heather Fader have become a huge blessing to us as an excellent resource of information for what is to come.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEfeX1cdRQc&feature=related


1 comment:

  1. Wow. You guys are in for quite the adventure. A whole new world. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete