From Michigan to Kenya and back, this is the true life story of a crazy family and their desire to follow Christ, wherever that may lead them. Mounds of Stone is our best attempt to organize our thoughts, chronicle our lives, and keep our friends, family, and supporters updated on all things Mitchell. Each entry is a small mound of stones to memorialize where God has been faithful.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Remembering our Mounds of Stone


Today is my two year anniversary- two years ago I was given life back- a true gift. Time is so funny, it seems like a lifetime ago and yet the memories are still very fresh in my mind.
  There are questions: Was I really in the hospital that long? How was I so blessed with such a sacrificial mother? How did Eric endure the stress of not knowing if I’d recover? How did my kids really do through this time?
  There are many memories. Hours of lying in a hospital bed. Reading. Praying. Pain. Sleeping. Checking emails. Opening cards. Visits from friends. Watching TV. Eating hospital food. Retaining water. IV’s. Walks down the hall. Abscesses. Drains. CT’s. Trips to the ER. Re-admissions. Prayers of the Saints. Friendships deepened. Phone calls. Exhaustion. Pain. Naps. Doctors. Hope. Gifts. More gifts. Visits from the kids. Bible reading. Games. Mitchell Grand Plan. Open wound. Dressing changes. Nurses. New nurses. Bad nurses. Great nurses. Meals to my family. Help with the kids. Dad traveling every weekend. Eric sleeping on the chair. Much love. Pain. Struggling. Healing.
   Through it all the Lord was so faithful. He healed me. Would He have still been good if He let me die? Absolutely. Not all get to be healed. Some die. I lived. Why? I don’t know. All I know is that I must be faithful with the gift of life I was given. I better not squander my extra time.
  The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord. 

1 comment: