From Michigan to Kenya and back, this is the true life story of a crazy family and their desire to follow Christ, wherever that may lead them. Mounds of Stone is our best attempt to organize our thoughts, chronicle our lives, and keep our friends, family, and supporters updated on all things Mitchell. Each entry is a small mound of stones to memorialize where God has been faithful.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Eight is GREAT!

Tomorrow (8/7) Eric and I will celebrate 8 years of marriage. Crazy, crazy, crazy all that has happened in the past 8 years! We have survived 3 out of 4 years of medical school, 5 years of residency, gained 4 little boys (never thought I'd write that!), moved to a new city, bought our first house, and survived a near death experience and made preparations to move across the world. There's no one I'd rather do it with! If you don't know, I was in love with Eric long before he ever saw me as anything but his crazy friend. (I won't let him forget that) God blessed me more than I could have asked for by giving me my dream come true. I used to tell Eric all the time when we first got married, "I can't believe you actually married me!?!" Who knows what is in store for the next 50 + years, but I am so excited to do them with my hard-working, generous, loving, sacrificial, brilliant husband! Sorry ladies, he doesn't have a brother! 
Here's a little walk down memory lane....the pictures aren't very good quality b/c I scanned them, but you get the idea! Our wedding was by far our favoritest day, it was SO, SO fun. We both wish we could do it again, but our parents aren't willing to help pay for another one, can you believe that?! So we'll just talk about it and relieve the memories as much as we can! 
 My bridesmaids, (top) Crista, Amy, Tina, Sandy, (bottom) Leah and Susie

The groomsmen, (top) John, Joel, Joel, Doug, (bottom) Jason, ringbearer Trey,and Dan

Me! Wasn't I cute?!

We like 'em crazy!

Our candle would NOT light, no matter what we did!

Our picture in a tombstone

Was there really any doubt we'd be cake smashers?!

Me and my sweetie


Can't wait for the future with you, my love!!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this! :) Such great pictures. So glad we are now part of your journey. SO thankful to have you for friends. Happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary you crazy people! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wedding was so fun! We love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Erin, you look exactly the same :) Super beautiful!

    ReplyDelete